“Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” ― Aberjhani
It has been so long since I have loved on myself and I have regretted it every single day. You see when you forget who you are and get into a dark place you start to believe that you are not worthy of love. You are not worthy of feeling beautiful or even of feeling like yourself. So you go on and stay away from anything that can probably make you feel amazing.
Everywhere around us there is this persona that MEN are the only way we will ever feel love and I don’t mean that “love” from your kids, I mean that “love” from your significant other. You know, the one that makes you feel sexy, worthy, beautiful, a queen! Well guess what… You dont need a man for that. Do not get me wrong, it is nice. TRUST ME.. IT IS NICE, but have you ever sat down and tried to do that for yourself? Have you ever taken care of yourself in those ways?
Today I have dedicated the day to me and only me. Now I can do that today because I don’t have my daughter with me so I am able to relax all day, but for those of you with your kids at all times, try it in the morning before everyone wakes up or in the evening before bed.
So here are a few things you can do to for self-love, that I have done today.
- Wake up and go for a run. nothing makes you feel better about yourself that sweating a little. Today I hit Coffee pot which is my favorite place to run here at home because it’s on the water and the view is spectacular.
- Buy yourself some flowers.. Ladies. It’s okay to get yourself some beautiful roses or your favorite flowers. Then put them in your favorite part of your house so you can see them everyday and smile. Its a daily reminder of how beautiful you are.
- Go to the store right now and buy yourself a face mask, some sexy scented body wash, and some scented salt and have a fucken bubble bath & well if you have some toys… This is the time to play. (Prudes… Sorry, but reality is, it feels good and I am not ashamed about it.
- Go get yourself a pedi and mani, because you don’t want no crusty ass nails. POINT BLANK. There is nothing else to this tip except I need to go get one asap.
- Go get your eye brows done. That to me is one of the best things ever. The moment you walk out of the eyebrow place you feel like a million dollars. Turn on a delicious scented candle, grab a book, a good book, something that will keep you wanting more and enjoy.
- & last, but not least go get yourself some sexy langerie and wear it around the house. With or without kids. There is nothign wrong with showing your kids self love and that mommy feels and looks beautiful.
We as women need to do a little more for us and a little less for others because we matter.
We are beautiful.
We do a lot.
We work hard.
We always do for everyone.
It is time you do for you!
How do you self-love?
Share with me and others.