“Life has no remote, so wake up and change it.” – Sushil Singh
To say 2016 has sucked is an understatement, I can easily say it was a tough year, for if not all of us, most of us, but I am ready for a fresh start in 2017. Although this year brought me a lot of sadness it also brought me a lot of happiness. I’ll share a few with you.
- We celebrated our daughters 3rd birthday at Magic Kingdom.
- I was asked to be a bridesmaid at my friend Felicia and Jays wedding.
- We took Savannah on her first cruise.
- My sister had a baby.
- I got a new job, which I am totally in love with.
- I attended a few concerts with my besties.
- I got a new apartment.
- We got a bunny.
- I had an amazing Christmas eve & Christmas.
- I took a few trips to Miami to visit family.
- I have met a few amazing people.
- I have spent more time with people who I have missed.
I can go on and on, but you see I chose to share happiness in my life with you all because it outweighs the sadness. Do not get me wrong this year brought me a HUGE heartbreak, but it also brought me to a place of peace and happiness. Weird how that all works out, huh?
I wanted to share with you all a few tips that I will be doing these next few days to ring in the NEW YEAR.
- Let that shit go and stop worrying about the shit you can’t change and just let it go. Move on from friendships that are only one way. Move on from guys that are wasting your time. Let go of that family member that is stressing you out. Quit that job you hate so much. Let it all go and start fresh.
- Clean your house, throw away all the junk food and restock with good for you foods, reorganize everything, do your freaking laundry, fold the clothes, and start fresh!
- Write down everything your grateful for.
- Fill up your gas tank. I don’t know about you, but having the stick on full makes me feel wealthy.
- Go get your hair and nails done and go buy that dress that makes you feel wonderful.
- CREATE a VISION board for 2017. Go through magazines and pick out everything you want from 2017 and go for it.
- Chase your DREAMS.
and finally… when midnight hits on January 1, like my best friend and I say “DANCE THAT SHIT OUT,” CELEBRATE the SAME YOU, but with new goals, and LET THAT SHIT GO.
What will you be doing these next few days to bring in the new year with a bang?