“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
If I had a dollar for every single time I wanted to give up on my dreams, I would be rich right now. Literally living in a high-rise building over looking the beautiful bay sipping on some expensive ass champagne, but I am not, instead I am working every single day towards those goals.
I know the feeling of failure oh too well. I know what it feels like to try and to never achieve. I know what it feels like to never see the end of the tunnel. Trust me, going after what you want is hard, but somehow it’s completely worth it.
We see so many people around us, working hard and achieving their dreams or even some goals they might have. Some might be small, some might be to become a millionaire, but let me tell you something the ones that don’t give up are the ones that achieve it.
My whole life I have had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up. Shit after almost 33 years I NOW know what it is and I am going after it. Will it take me a month? no, it will take me a shitload of time, but I’ll keep going till I am there. I don’t give a fuck if I am 80 years old when I achieve my dream.
So when do you give up? When do you know its time to give up on that dream or that goal? The only answer I have for you is to “never give up.” Go after it every single day until you reach it. Yes, I know some times we feel that the goal is too far away, we start to feel unmotivated, like its taking forever, like we don’t have the money, the time, or the energy, but therein lies the problem.
You see, every single person that has achieved their goals felt that same way.. Like a failure, and guess what? That is okay because when you fail or when you fall, you get up and start over and each time you get back up, it’s another change to success.
Here are a few things I do to work towards my goals in life or some of my dreams.
- I write down each goal I have. It doesn’t matter how small or how big.
- I set a plan on what I need to do to reach that goal. Whether its to save money or move my schedule around.
- I always set a deadline for things. Now this is where people think that if they reach their deadline and they haven’t achieved their goals they have failed or want to give up. NOOOOOOO. Don’t give up. You see when you reach your deadline, you’re so close, you just need some more time, but if you give up then you need to start all over again.
- Research every single thing you need to know about this specific dream or goal. How other people got there, what other people did. Read books and articles. RESEARCH!!!
- Mentally prepare yourself.
- Tell your friends you will be skipping out on certain things because you have goals you need to achieve and going out to dinner every week wont get you closer.
- Make a quiet space at home so you can work in peace or hit up a quiet coffee shop.
- Work your goal or your dreams every single day. Doesn’t matter if its 5 minutes or an hour.
- TAKE THE FIRST STEP and DON’T BE SCARED.
- ENJOY the ride and reap the benefits.
Please share with me some tips and ideas you have for reaching your goals.