“They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. “-Andy Warhol
Why the hell is it so hard for us to make a change in our lives? Why is it so hard to stop worrying about others and start worrying about ourselves? I mean listen, I am not a pro at this, and it took me a long time to get over the fear of change and the fear of what other people are going to think, it was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make, but I made it.
The moment I started living for me, that was the day all the weight on my shoulders just lifted off. I could breath again. I felt peace in my life.
So I ask you, what are you so afraid of?
We live in a world where people are constantly being told what they need to do or what they should do, but has anyone ever asked you “what do you want to do?” I know that not a lot of people ever asked me that before.
If you don’t know how to evaluate your life then lets go over a few tricks to help you out.
Write down all the things and people that make you unhappy.
Write down all the things or people that make you happy.
The next step is the fucken easiest part.
Do you find yourself making other people much more happier than you?
If so, then my dear you need to stop and start making yourself happy. Let go of what does not please you anymore and start letting the doors open for good things to come your way.
We all have some sort of baggage and I don’t care who you are, but you have baggage and that is okay, because we all have a past, and we all are in some sort of fucked up situation, but its better to walk away from what no longer suits you then to stay somewhere that makes you miserable.
Here are a few examples…
- Are you in a job where you’re so unhappy you wake up dreading going in to work. Then right now, go and get on some job site and start looking for another job.
- Are you in a relationship with someone and you are miserable? For whatever reason and you have been miserable for a while? Then evaluate the pros and cons and then get the fuck out or fix that shit. Stop complaining and using every excuse in the book to stay. It’s only going to get worse, trust me I tried.
- Do you feel you have some friends that don’t make you happy, don’t push you to be better, and or are judging you every step of the way? This is an easy one…BYE FELICIA
- Family is blood, but unfortunately at the end of the day we did not get to chose them, so if someone is constantly pissing you off then call them out on it and if it doesn’t work then distance yourself or cut them out.
- You’re in a job that isn’t paying you enough, grow some balls and ask for a raise, but only if you think you’re a bad ass and deserve one, if they don’t give it to you then start looking elsewhere.
- You feel fat and do not exercise as much as you should do and find yourself constantly making excuses for yourself. Well guess what? STOP IT. Eat well workout and reap the benefits. (This one is more for me with the exercising part. LOL)
DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT STAY SOMEWHERE OR SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO SUCK AND MAKE YOU UNHAPPY.
Life is way too short to be anything other than happy. Listen we all have stress and we all have shit going on, but nothing will ever change if you don’t ever change and when the fuck is enough going to be enough for you?
So I leave you with this perfect quote from my all time favorite show, Grey’s Anatomy.
“We’re all going to die. We don’t get much say over how or when, but we do get to decide how we’re gonna live. So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More Compassionate? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out and decide.” – Richard Weber